23 May, 2023
Rare Encounter: Tigers Clash Over Prey in Ranthambore National Park
The tourists at Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan were fortunate enough to witness a truly extraordinary event—a fierce battle between two apex predators fighting over their meal. Spotting even a single tiger is usually challenging, and during this scorching season, it is nearly impossible. However, luck was on the side of these particular tourists as they came face to face with a tigress and a tiger locked in a confrontation over a deer.
The thrilling incident unfolded when the tigress stumbled upon an abandoned deer in the middle of a road. Just as she began to savour her unexpected feast, a massive tiger emerged from the bushes and confronted her. What seemed like an easy meal swiftly transformed into a ferocious struggle. After a series of intense exchanges, the victorious tiger claimed the deer and left the tigress with an empty appetite.
A video capturing this remarkable encounter was shared on Twitter by Saket Badola IFS, triggering an influx of reactions in the comment section. Some viewers speculated that both predators were aware of each other's strength, which prompted the tigress to relinquish the prey, while others marveled at the magnificence of wildlife and nature.
One thing is certain: the memory of this awe-inspiring spectacle will linger in the minds of these tourists for decades to come.
Ranthambore National Park is situated in the Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan and is named after the historic Ranthambore Fort that overlooks the reserve. Established as a wildlife sanctuary in 1955, it was later declared a national park in 1980, primarily to protect the endangered tigers that roam its lush jungles. Today, it stands as one of India's most iconic and sought-after wildlife destinations.
- From Benefit to Threat: The Effects of Tourism on Tiger Conservation
- Information Trinetra Ganesh Temple Ranthambore
- Ranthambore National Parks Latest News Updates
- Best Luxury Resorts in Ranthambore National Park
- Peacock Flying in Ranthambore National Park
- Take a Jungle Safari at These 10 Best Wildlife Destinations in Summer Season & Get the Best of Wildlife Adventure
- The Inspiring Story of How Aditya & Poonam Singh Made a Lush Forest Out of a Barren Land in Ranthambore
- Why Should We be Teaching Wildlife Conservation in Schools?
- Do’s and Don’ts of Staying Safe Around Wildlife
- Human – Wildlife Conflict in Concrete Jungle
- 20 Facts You Probably Didn’t Knew About Tigers
- Wildlife Conservation Initiatives by Indian Government
- Experience Golden Triangle India with Ranthambore Tiger Safari
- 10 Reasons to Visit Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan
- In Pictures: Showcasing India’s Endangered Species
- My Experience at Ranthambore National Park- Sundeep Kheria
- Top 5 Star Hotels in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
- Photography Tour in Ranthambore National Park
- Rajiv Gandhi Regional Museum of Natural History