The heart-stopping Taj Mahal in Agra might leave no room for other tourist attractions in India to allure both domestic as well as international tourists. But do you know what else makes Agra one of the best and most visited tourist destinations in India? Well, the city offers the tourists an opportunity to travel back in the Mughal era. Agra, situated on the banks of the River Yamuna, boasts of many other architectural marvels and render exciting activities that make holidays in Agra wonderful in all the senses.
With a wonderful combination of history, culture, food and shopping, Agra is an ideal destination where one can plan a vacation with family, friends, and even a honeymoon. Right from visiting the fascinating tombs and mausoleums like Taj Mahal; Itimad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj); Mariam’s Tomb; Sikandra (Akbar’s Tomb); Chini ka Rauza to the magnificent Agra Fort and the fortified city of Fatehpur Sikri there are a lot of experiences one can get while holidaying in Agra.
The vibrant fairs and festivals in Agra are celebrated with much gusto. Off all, the important and must-see includes Taj Literary Festival, Taj Mahotsav, Hot Air Balloon Festival, Ram Barat, Kailash Fair along with other important festivals of India. Even though a trip to Agra can be planned at any time of the year, but visiting the city during any of these festivals will be an altogether different travel experience.
Coming to shopping, Agra has a wide range of interesting things that one can choose to buy from. The city is best known for leather, rugs & carpets, mini marble structures and other unique items which one can find them by visiting Kinari Bazaar, Sadar Bazaar, Subhash Emporium and more. Besides, travellers can’t leave the city without relishing the delectable Mughalai food and the famous Petha made from white pumpkin or ash gourd infused with different flavours. So, without much ado, plan a trip and explore Agra as the city as numerous ways to make your holiday a memorable one.
Ranthambore Best SellersView All
9 Nights - 10 Days
Frequently Asked Questions About Agra
Q. What are the popular tourist attractions to see in Agra?
Home to the iconic Taj Mahal (UNESCO World Heritage Site), the glorious city of Agra invites the tourists of all kinds, especially the ones with the love for Mughal history and architecture. So, holding historical significance and grandeur, popular tourist attraction like Itimad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj), Mariam’s Tomb, Sikandra (Akbar’s Tomb), Mehtab Bagh, Chini ka Rauza, Agra Fort and the fortified city of Fatehpur Sikri are ideal for a heritage tour in Agra.
Q. When is the best time to visit Agra?
The winter months between November and March are the best time to visit Agra. The weather is cool and pleasant for a sightseeing tour. From April to June, it gets very hot and humid in Rajasthan with the maximum temperature rising up to 45º C during the day. Besides, the monsoon months between July and September brings mild and occasional showers in Agra. So, a trip during this monsoon season can also be planned.
- Winter Temperature: Winter months between November and March is the best time to plan a trip to Agra. The temperature during this season ranges between 10°C to 25°C making it perfect for a sightseeing tour. In addition to this, a trip in the month of February will give an opportunity to attend the famous Taj Mahotsav.
- Summer Temperature: Agra has scorching summers between April and June with the maximum temperature rising up to Rajasthan in summers can get extremely hot with the maximum temperature rising up to 45ºC. This makes sightseeing during the daytime a little difficult. However, tourists who don’t mind travelling in hot weather can plan a trip to Agra.
- Monsoon Temperature: Monsoon season in Agra between July to September brings mild and occasional showers making the weather humid. Tourists who love rain and wish to explore Agra in an average rainfall can plan a trip during this season without giving any second thought.
Q. How to Reach Agra by Road, Train & Airways?
Reaching Agra is convenient as it enjoys good rail and road connectivity to other major cities of India with national highways and two expressways (Yamuna Expressway and Agra Lucknow Expressway). Here is how tourists can choose to reach Agra as per the feasibility.
- By Road: With NH 2, NH 3, NH 11, NH 19, NH 509, Yamuna Expressway and Agra Lucknow Expressway, Agra enjoy good road connectivity to the other major cities of India. Agra offers commendable bus services to and from Lucknow, Varanasi, Delhi, Jaipur etc. These buses are regulated by the state government under the name Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC). Tourists can even opt for private buses or hire a taxi to reach Agra.
- By Train: Agra shares good railway connectivity with the other major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai etc. The city has around 8 railway stations with Agra Cantt station being the important one. Altogether there are around 40 trains to and from Agra. Besides, those who wish to get luxury train experience can book the journey with ‘Palace on Wheels'.
- By Flight: Agra Airport is a military airbase with a proposed civil terminal named Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Civil Terminal but there are no frequent flights to and from Agra for the tourists.
Q. What are the accommodation options in Agra?
Being one of the most-visited tourist destinations in India, Agra offers a variety of accommodation options that fit every traveller’s pocket. Right from budget to standard, deluxe to luxury, Agra has a number of places to stay that offers amazing and comfortable experience with top-notch services and facilities. What’s unique? There are some luxurious hotels in Agra that offers breathtaking views if the Taj Mahal right from the room’s window.
Q. What are the popular Rathambore Agra Tour Packages?
Make your trip to Agra a memorable one with our best Agra Ranthambore tour package that comes at great deals. With our Agra holiday package, you can get the best heritage tour by visiting the important forts, tombs, mausoleums and other monuments.
Some of the Agra- Ranthambore Tour Packages are: