Surrounding the popular, Kumbhalgarh Fort, Khumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in Rajsamand District of Rajasthan. The sanctuary spreads in an area of 610.5 sq km covering parts of Rajsamand, Udaipur, and Pali districts. It also covers four hill and mountain ranges of the Aravallis – Kumbhalgarh Range; Sadri Range; Desuri Range and the Bokhada Range. Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary can be explored either by jeep safari, trekking or by riding a horse.
The wildlife sanctuary in Rajasthan is known for being the home to a variety of animals including some endangered species. The top predator in the sanctuary is leopard who preys on animals like sambhar, nilgai, chausingha (the four horned antelope), chinkara and Indian hare. There are a large number of birds to be sighted in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary, the most common one spotted here is the grey jungle fowl.
Ranthambore Best SellersView All
9 Nights - 10 Days
Frequently Asked Question about Khumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary
Q. What are the popular animals found in Khumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary?
- Indian wolf
- Indian leopard
- Sloth bear
- Striped hyena
- Golden jackal
- Jungle cat
- Chausingha (the four horned antelope)
- Indian hare
Q. What are the popular Birds found in Khumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary?
- Grey junglefowl
- Red spurfowl
- Golden oriole
- Grey pigeon
- White breasted kingfisher
Q. What is the best ways to explore Khumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary
Following are the best way to explore Khumbhalgarh Sanctuary in Rajasthan
- Jeep Safari: A 15 km route inside Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary can be covered by a jeep safari. Kumbhalgarh to Thandi beri is the most popular jeep safari in the sanctuary.
- Horse Riding: The horse riding routes include Kumbhalgarh to Ghanerao via Thandi Beri; Thandi Beri to Sumer, Ranakpur to Thandi Beri; and Roopanmata to Ranakpur.
- Trekking: A popular trekking trail in Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is a 3.7-km Tirthankar Natural Trail. Other popular trails are Kumbhalgarh to Thandi Beri (14 km), Ranakpur to Ranakpur (15 km), Roopnagar to Sumer (98 km), Ranakpur to Kumbhalgarh (25 km), Malgarh to Magga (8 km), Roopanmata to Ranakpur (30 km) and Ranakpur to Thandi Beri (15 km).
Q. What is the best time to visit Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary?
March to December is the best time to visit Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary when the weather is pleasant.
Q. Where to stay in Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary?
Forest Rest Houses are located at Thandi Beri, Ranakpur, Sumer, Sadri and Roopanmata.
Q. How to Reach Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary?
The sanctuary is situated at a short distance of 3 km from Kumbhalgarh Fort and 98 km from Udaipur. One can hire cabs from these destinations to reach Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary.